A Personal Update
I’m writing this article for two quick reasons.
- First, I need a test article for the site, to make sure everything’s working as intended.
- Second, I wanted to talk about something that’s hopefully a game changer for me.
I started a twelve-week boot-camp yesterday for a program started by Brett McKay, the guy that runs ArtOfManliness.com, called The Strenuous Life (strenuouslife.co). So far, it’s already one of the most intense things I’ve done, and I’m two days in.
To give you a quick summary, every week for twelve weeks we have to do the following:
- Complete a weekly challenge (this week’s, for example, involves incredibly cold water… daily).
- Log one hour of physical activity per day.
- Log one good deed per day.
- Over 12 weeks, earn a badge in a specific discipline. So yeah, it’s somewhat like Adult Boy Scouts… if the boy scouts needed to learn how to do drywall in order to get a badge.
Two days in, it’s early, but I’m feeling good about it. I think it’ll help me develop some very important virtues, and I have no doubt I’ll come out better on the other side. In preparation for it, I bought a decent weight bench for the physical activity, and I’m looking forward to pushing myself harder than I have in years.